The Area Banker SAFE Act is an entry level position responsible for the assistance in the execution of sales, products or service activities in coordination with the customer service team. The overall objective of this role is to foster relations with customers to build loyalty and to help increase sales to individual consumer clients.
- Deliver high quality customer service and identify financial needs to maximize relationships and acquire new customers
- Operate as either a Teller or Personal Banker based on the needs of the branch
- Handle client sales and service requests, exercises ownership, hand off if needed and ensure follow-up
- Convert service requests into sales or referrals and connect clients to the appropriate partners as necessary
- Perform customer transactions and educate clients on digital self-service capabilities
- Complete outbound calls, follow up, and facilitate the execution of financial transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures
- Understand and comply with Citibank policies, standards and procedures to ensure the security of the bank’s and clients’ assets
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Banking, retail, direct sales or service experience preferred
- State Notary License or ability to obtain preferred
- NMLS registration; Safe Act compliant
- Ability to travel up to 1% of the time
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.