Website Skid Row Housing Trust
Homes. Support. Success.
The Case Manager II provides services targeted toward increasing access for residents, maintaining contract compliance, and assisting with implementation of programming and training. The position is a Case Manager with additional duties and responsibilities. This includes, but is not limited to, having specialized certifications (for example: substance abuse counseling), knowledge in evidence based practices, experience with implementing Harm Reduction and Housing First principles, and the ability to transfer this knowledge to colleagues.
Responsibilities, in addition to the duties of a Case Manager, but not limited to:
- Assist Program Management with contract compliance, including participating in program audit preparation, records review and assessment of chart requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all social service contracts including the meeting of all outcomes and deliverables.
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills.
- Maintain open lines of communication within the department and across all departments.
- Assist Program Manager or in carrying out the duties listed above.
- Assist in planning, creating, and conducting presentations and trainings for staff with Program Managers.
- Assist in planning, creating, and conducting to support and/or educate residents (examples include: budgeting, health, and substance use/abuse).
Resident/Tenant Relations/Customer Service
- Maintain appropriate and professional resident relationships.
- Listen attentively to resident complaints and suggestions.
- Address issues fairly and professionally.
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve resident complaints and inquiries and to relay in formation and/or resolution to resident.
- Conduct interactions with residents, applicants, vendors and other professionals in a respectful, courteous manner.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least (1) years relevant experience with populations experiencing homelessness, severe and continuing mental illness, and substance use issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of case management and issues affecting formerly homeless residents with disabilities (severe mental illness, substance abuse, physical disability, and chronic illness including HIV/AIDS).
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively in a Harm Reduction environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with residents to reduce and prevent hoarding.
- Experience working with veterans is preferred.